Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Message has me thinking..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

New Message has me thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Just got this message from DDM works.

Scott, the final production version will be limited to around 320whp to leave us some room on the fuel injectors. We have a bigger Rotrex we could do that could get you to the 400whp level, but it would take a little more time for install. To have the rotrex put on the car with the 320whp we would need the car here for a full week. The 400whp level would need an extra week to get done and tuned.

The base price for the 320whp Rotrex is going to be $5500 and the larger supercharger is going to be $400.

We also can do a custom turbo for you as an option also that can do 300whp for $5000 installed.

Let me know what else I can answer for you and when you are thinking about doing something like this.

Thanks,
Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:39 pm

That doesn't sound like a bad price for the horsepower and installation. I say go for it. I know a few folks here will say go turbo route but I still like the supercharger options. At least then you will have your show and go! It is still cheaper than any of the superchargers that I have been looking at. Most of my kits are all in the $6000 or higher range and that is without installation.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:43 pm

I think 400whp would make the car a real bad ass.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:51 pm

I would have to agree. I think it would also be very manageable and not too badly priced.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:10 pm

It would be nice to have a little more tq for these big wheels. :llooll:
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:39 pm

IMO..... 300 if you just wanna have fun on the street and 400 if you are going to race it a good bit.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:41 pm

D-Rod wrote:
IMO..... 300 if you just wanna have fun on the street and 400 if you are going to race it a good bit.

:aggreed: either way, should make that little black pontiac a beast. go for it! prices seem pretty good too
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:08 pm

D-Rod wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing! That little car is lighter than a feather, 300hp will be enough to make you pay attention!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:26 pm

D-Rod wrote:

Let me rephrase that........

"300 if you just wanna have fun on the street and 400 if Jamie will let you race it." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:50 pm

I will never get to race it unless its on the highway in Mexico. Thats to far to drive, so I guess I am out of luck.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:21 am

You can do the Flashlight Drags in Waynesburg. I'm sure Jamie would let you do that once in awhile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Message has me thinking..   New Message has me thinking.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Message has me thinking..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Engine/Transmission, including Transplants-
Jump to: