Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kind of wax do you use?

Go down 
+9
racinrc
Orion-Jim
dlinsbeck
THEBIGJOB
D-Rod
Gixxer
WrightHeight
MotownG5
Blacked Out
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR

What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 pm

okay... i think im going to pick some up and give the car a nice shine before the show saturday....
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 pm

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it in the sun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:22 pm

i don't think im going to have to worry about that- lol... i'll put it in the neighbors garage, b/c i also need to get the interior cleaned back up and will probably keep it in there all night.... wish i would've gotten the calipers and stuff painted, but i've actually had compliments on teh way the look now, so i'll probably ride the stock look out for the rest of this show season... do still have plans for the body kit, grille, and maybe the wheels...
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 pm

ALright man. I think your car looks great stock..

You never bought a camaro, you bought pure sex.

Wait.. Buying a camaro is soliciting prostetuion?
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 pm

the main reason i might be staying stock for a while, is b/c we are wanting to buy a nice set of wheels for the terrain... but i will have that stuff done over the winter if i don't do it this show season...

they are getting ready to start drilling on our leases, so my bonus check will be here at the last of july....
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
DarkFlame

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Picked up the Black Box last week at Advance for $21. Now I just need to find some time to put it on which probably won't be til the end of the month lol.

Lucas Slick Mist works good in a pinch too for shows.
Back to top Go down
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:02 pm

I use Meguiars Tech wax 2.0. Love it for the protection because it's a sealant. It beads water well and makes Toyota Super Red really sexy.

I've been looking for a good caranuba wax to top the tech wax and bring the shine out more. I tried some Meguiars gold class caranuba and I liked it. Just because I'm a perfectionist I want to try some Pinnacle Souveran wax, but it's $99! Anyone tried this stuff? Apparently it's literally the best.
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:18 pm

I want good wax for my car but i dont want to get the real good stuff yet, Gix said he has some that would b good bt my car just has so many scratches and swirls it makes me not relly care much. blah i just want a new car.
Back to top Go down
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Get some Meguiars Swirl-x and Scratch-X and a buffer if you don't already have one. It works miracles on scratched up paint!
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 pm

lol ok if i slave to get that or just beg my dad to buy it then we can use it next saturday :littlesmile: dad has some of that caranuba wax i think.. either that or its in one of our soaps.. lol
Back to top Go down
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Caranuba wax is good for show cars; it gives the paint a really deep wet look but doesn't last as long as a synthetic wax. (AKA sealant) A sealant, on the other hand, doesn't give as good of shine but protects the paint better and lasts longer. I love the shine my Tech Wax gives, which is a sealant, and I'm looking for a good caranuba wax to top it with to really make the red pop.

I've never tried any soap with wax in it, but I'm sure it probably wouldn't give the same results as a straight wax job.

Yes, I am a paint freak. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My MR2 rarely goes more than 2 weeks without a wash and waxing. Morgan, buy that stuff and I'll help you fix up your paint! I detail cars during the summer when I'm not working.
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:41 pm

mmk... um well i cant offer much other then bedazzling and cake? well and according to Scott waffles... LMAO mothman festival inside joke lol
Back to top Go down
mitch_way13
mitch_way13

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

MorganElyse802 wrote:
mmk... um well i cant offer much other then bedazzling and cake? well and according to Scott waffles... LMAO mothman festival inside joke lol

hahaha ok. You mean like repaying me? Don't worry about it haha I don't mind doing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of wax do you use?   What kind of wax do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of wax do you use?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Car Care and Detailing Forum-
Jump to: