Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Top Gear discusion thread!

Go down 
+2
bobdogwv
D-Rod
6 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Official Top Gear discusion thread! Empty
PostSubject: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Lets start with this weeks "American" episode although last weeks ZR1 vs 458 italia was one of my favorite of the American Top Gear.

The airboat vs the offroad truck was pretty awesome. Especially since the airboat took some shortcuts across land to make it close.

The battle of the Dually's was ok but I wish they all would have hooked to the same thing to try to pull. If you didnt see it.....the chevy pulled out two telephone poles, the ford pulled a train and 1 car, and the dodge pulled down a house. Chevy won the drag race, Ford won the burnout competition, chevy/dodge tied in the hill climb.
Back to top Go down
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:05 am

Just finished watching the new episode. I agree, I wish they would have tried pulling the same objects to see what the true outcome would be. I would love to give that offroad vehicle a run as well. I love this show!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 am

Yea the first couple shows of the american version had me kinda worried but they are getting better and better.

Did they say what that offroad vehicle costs?
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:21 am

BBC Top Gear > ALL
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 am

I'm telling you the American Top Gear that they raced the EVO against downhill skiers on the ski slope was amazing! It sold the EVO to me.
Back to top Go down
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:47 am

$60K for the off roader! I agree with dlinsbeck, the show with the EVO was amazing. Just seeing that car thrashing down a ski slope was pretty bad ass!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:52 am

Damnit, my DVR didnt record the evo show for some reason.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:07 am

You have got to see that one. I was shocked. They have had a few others that were pretty good. The Viper and the Apache chopper was a pretty good one too.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:50 am

Yea I think the Viper vs Apache was their first episode last season. I didnt sense the chemestry between the guys in those first couple shows.
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 am

Alright Dave. I am going to have to go with an older post from Scott. First your playing with guys balls at softball...now your looking at chemistry between the guys...... Is there something your not telling us!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 pm

i want to see what kind of time i get on the test track in that little red car hahahaha omg we should do this somewher everyone put in $25.00 or $50.00 and the winner takes all what yall think? where can we do this at with a car?
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:56 pm

There is a autocross in Fairmont next weekend. Can we use the beretta Jim? lol
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:07 pm

hahah i got it apart in my garage rebuilding it maybe next summer ill have it done and going with you dave.. we can race at the track ..
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 am

Top Gear is the best show on TV. I've been watching the original version for years, but i like the American version better because.....it's "Made in America" and they showcase cars you can buy on this side of the pond, unlike the BBC original version.
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 pm

this weeks TopGear was great abd yet again the Chevy tour the jeep and ford up wtg Chevy hahahhaha how i love watching the Chevy tear up the others every week
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm

I have it on DVR. Going to watch it tonight.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I just finished watching it. That was a good one. I love the way they got across that road without touching it. lol I cant believe they got the bronco running after it was on its side and dragged like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Top Gear discusion thread!   Official Top Gear discusion thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Top Gear discusion thread!
Page 1 of 1