Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wife's new ride.

Go down 
+5
D-Rod
Blacked Out
dlinsbeck
MotownG5
brians06dodge
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm

We went and got the wife a new ride Saturday. She is a very happy owner of a 2010 Camaro 2SS with a 6.2L auto. Big change from her Escalade to the Camaro but she is like a kid in a candy store and that is what it is all about. I am a desial guy and will have a lot of reading up on this thing but I do know it will need a CAI, Exhaust and a programmer first thing.

Looks kinda orange but it is red.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:22 pm

very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Nice ride! Good luck with the mods!
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Nice man. Look forward to seeing you on the 2 day cruise in October.
Very sexy car. BTW, are you from Morgantown?
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Congrats! Longtubes/intake/tune should wake her up.
Back to top Go down
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 pm

I am in South Charleston.

What tuner is the best?
Back to top Go down
Snaxx
Snaxx

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Nice ride..love the color look foward to seeing what the mods do..
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Alot of the southern guys go to bluecat. Its across the border in KY somewhere. I hear nothing but good things about them. Or a cheaper and honestly just as effective way is to find someone that has HP Tuners and get ahold of PCM-for-less or Jeremy Formatto and have them send you an email tune. I had Formatto do mine. Basically he sends a tune for you to load in your car then you run it and send the logs back and he checks them and makes changes. You do that until he is satisfied.

Everyone told me a dynotune is the only way to go. But I didnt have many options at the time of my cam install so I went with the email tune since it was easier. Then a couple months ago I decided to get a dynotune to squeak out any extra possible gains. Plus I have a fairly aggresive cam so I was hoping it would smooth out my serging at low RPM's. Well honestly it made no noticeable difference. The car still surges and my car trapped the same it did when I was on the email tune.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 pm

very nice!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

awesome... love to see another new camaro... love the color choice too... is it the auto or stick... ours is an auto... and the first thing we did was borla exhaust... stock ride was too quiet for me... i do have plans on cai this year and in the future- cam, longtubes, tune... and we have some appearance mods we are wanting to do... can't wait to see what your build turns out...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
THEBIGJOB
THEBIGJOB

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:28 pm

I forgot about Phil (Bluecat). I hear he has a gift when it comes to GM. He is about 40min from my house Brian. If you ever want to run up there let me know. Maybe I'll stick my truck on his rollers and see if I can put a new record on his diesel list.
Back to top Go down
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 am

It is a auto. It already has aftermarket exhaust on it but she wants the flowmaster hush for a deeper tone. CAI and a tune is next. Just don't know what tune to go with and I hear that the hand helds leave a trace if you take them off to go in for warranty work.

Been reading on that camaro5 site and have a lot to learn on this gasser. Their is a few WV guys on it and I need to send them info for this site.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm

GM will be able to see any type of tune even if you flash it back to stock if they look for it. The only way to avoid it is to get a spare ECU and then if you have to go in for warranty work put the stock ECU back in. I know a couple people on corvetteforum do that.

In all honesty, if you want to make sure you keep the warranty, I would do all the bolt on stuff you plan except longtubes. With longtubes there is enough increased airflow that will put you over the edge of what the stock ECU can adjust for. Dont hold me to that because the auto cars do not have the LS3 that I am familiar with. After Matt told me the autos have the L99 I did a little research and the only real difference I saw was the cam and the active management fuel system (shuts 4 cyl down when on highway under light load). Anyways, it should be the same for modding and I believe parts are even interchageable. You can do intake, throttle body, x-pipe, and axle back on stock tune. Ported intake mani or longtubes will almost definitely throw a code.

How much warranty is left on the car? Looks like one of the most popular mods is to cam that engine since the cam is what is detuning the car. The lift is a little less on the L99 vs the LS3 and the redline is lower. Plus the CR is a little less on the L99. Sooooo, that engine LOVES a cam with a little more duration/lift and during tuning have them raise the redline to 6500. I think its at 6k now right?

When Matt (thewrightcamaro) told me his car didnt have the LS3 I was bummed out but after some research it is the same platform and both cars are supposed to be pretty equal performance wise stock for stock. However, when we throw the same aftermarket cam in both cars I expect the auto to be a little quicker.

Sorry to ramble but I love this shit. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:45 pm

I know you arnt planning a cam right now but there is more info I just found....

The active fuel management trigger is in the lifters. The lifter basically locks itself in a position that will not allow the valve to open (from what I understand). So I think a mild cam may work but a big cam may cause issues. Some people are saying that there is no cam that will work with AFM and it has to be removed when the L99 is cammed. Ultimately hurting gas mileage by deleting the AFM and creating more lift/duration.

Even if you never plan on camming the car its pretty cool info to know about the AFM. I never really looked into it before.

I know this is your wifes car and you probably want to keep it mild for her but I like to make things faster. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Its a sickness!
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 pm

everyone i talk to on the camaro forums gets rid of the afm... when it's time to cam my car i'm going to do away with it... didn't buy it for gas mileage... but my uncle has a 79 camaro with a 350 bored out to 355 and says the thing will scoot... he just finished it a couple months ago and is ready to trade it for a four-wheeler my cousin has and if he doesn't make the trade im going to throw some cash at him to try and get it... was a frame off resto...
Back to top Go down
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:20 am

Well we have 5 years or 90K more mile's on the warranty. I think I will just do the CAI and muff's at this time. It is more car then she will ever use and good for me the few times I GET to drive it. LOL...
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 am

brians06dodge wrote:
Well we have 5 years or 90K more mile's on the warranty. I think I will just do the CAI and muff's at this time. It is more car then she will ever use and good for me the few times I GET to drive it. LOL...

agreed...
Back to top Go down
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Update: Put the AFE CAI on few days ago and really did not think just the CAI would make much dif on this car but it will do a 2nd gear bark now. The American Thunder cat back exhaust system will be here today and on by Saturday. Can not wait to hear it and see the wife's face light up!
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Im excited to get some pics of this beast.
Back to top Go down
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:48 pm

The exhaust is in the house! Yahooooooo........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Congrats. I will interested to hear the difference in yours and Matts. I think he is running Borla.
They will both sound great I am sure. You two have some sexy cars.
Back to top Go down
brians06dodge
brians06dodge

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Yea I cant wait to see Matt's. You got to get a pic of them together.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm

I will if I can get you guys up here at the same time.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:09 pm

nice! def need a sound clip
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:41 pm

awesome man.... would love to get pics with the cars...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wife's new ride. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wife's new ride.   Wife's new ride. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wife's new ride.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next