Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'67 Barracuda dragcar

Go down 
+9
Alex98CVPI
Snaxx
Blacked Out
dlinsbeck
WrightHeight
MotownG5
91foxbody
D-Rod
2many2choose
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2many2choose
2many2choose

'67 Barracuda dragcar Empty
PostSubject: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Here's what it looked like before.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's what it looks like now!

Basically, back in the beginning of the season, it broke lol It was making a pass when it lost oil pressure and went pop. Essentially, the valve springs were weak and a piston sucked a valve, they made contact. 2 pushrods came out of their journals. Blew a spark plug in half. Cracked the piston and cylinder wall. Long story short, it's getting a new motor and front end rebuilt. The old 440 had enough torque that it actually split the frame of the car.

So that's all welded back up and the rollcage is rebuilt. Currently waiting on connecting rods then it's just a matter of putting the new engine together and in the car. :party18:
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 am

Putting another 440 in it? What did the car run previously?

And if that is your garage I am one jelous man!!!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:10 am

D-Rod wrote:
Putting another 440 in it? What did the car run previously?

And if that is your garage I am one jelous man!!!

If everything works out we're putting a bored out and decked 440, it'll be +500c.i. and +13:1 compression with the torque of God :llooll:

Oh hell no!! I wish! It's at a friend of ours, he builds tons of Mopars and we don't even have a quarter of what his garage is! We don't have nearly enough room to build a car like this unless it's down in the bodyshop, but that takes up space for a car we could be working on for a customer. Here's another shot of his shop...

The place is full of engines, transmissions, differentials, rollcage tubing and everything.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:45 am

good lord lol. that ought to be a pretty mean dragster when you get it back together.

you say your friend knows mopar? what can he do with a chrysler 2.5L 4cyl? lol
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 pm

nice! extremely impressive garage
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:19 pm

91foxbody wrote:
good lord lol. that ought to be a pretty mean dragster when you get it back together.

you say your friend knows mopar? what can he do with a chrysler 2.5L 4cyl? lol

What can he do, you say? Swap a Hemi with it :Tongue9: I'm not sure if he does any 4 cyls.

MotownG5 wrote:
nice! extremely impressive garage

I agree! I need to get pictures of the rest of the garage, what I posted is about half of what it actually is!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:54 pm

Update!!!

There she is. A 440 stroked out to 496 and decked block and heads for higher compression and Indy heads to help make it all work. The bottom end is built for low 9 second runs in a 3,000lb car.
Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:25 am

awesome man... glad to see it coming along
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 am

Awesome build. I'm sure that thing is going to run!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks guys! Hopefully it won't be to much longer before it's finished! We've been going into withdraw :lol3:
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Update!

:wootwoot:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

looking good brother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks! So far, the front is now a walk-off clip and the hood is a walk-off also. Engine is fully built 9 second motor. Indy heads, high-rise Indy intake, 1050cfm carb, stroked +500c.i. and new Willwood disk brakes, line, etc. Front suspension is refreshed with bushings, ball joints, etc. New balanced, aluminum driveshaft, just got do some welding work on the rear end to make it hold the power and it'll be back to the track!
Back to top Go down
Snaxx
Snaxx

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Real nice....MOPOWER>>>>
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Snaxx wrote:
Real nice....MOPOWER>>>>

Mopar or Nocar!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Update!!

Notice it's off the rack, we're told they didn't push it off either..... yup, IT LIVES MUAHAHAHA. (No video though :baldy: )

New cluster on the dash, just needs wired up for everything to work. Also, it finally has working headlights :D

Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 am

IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVESSSSSSS

BigSmile
Back to top Go down
dlinsbeck
ADMIN/MODERATOR
dlinsbeck

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:30 am

Nice. Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:50 am

Sounds all business to me! You better believe I will be at the track next year to see her first pass.
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 pm

dlinsbeck wrote:
Nice. Sounds good!

Thanks!

D-Rod wrote:
Sounds all business to me! You better believe I will be at the track next year to see her first pass.

It sure is! And you better! I'd be disappointed if you weren't there! MakeFun
Back to top Go down
Alex98CVPI
Alex98CVPI

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:32 am

I got to witness its return to the Kelly compound. The car makes the ground shake! Wicked!
Back to top Go down
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:28 am

wow nice build, reminds me a lot of my brothers 63 polara drag car. hes using a 440 block punched out to 482 with B1 heads and intake. His best run last season was a 9.1 before his engine also let go, didnt get out at all this season.
Back to top Go down
http://neontuners.com
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:18 pm

r/tguy02 wrote:
wow nice build, reminds me a lot of my brothers 63 polara drag car. hes using a 440 block punched out to 482 with B1 heads and intake. His best run last season was a 9.1 before his engine also let go, didnt get out at all this season.

Wow....got any video's of that car? 9.1 is no joke!
Back to top Go down
2many2choose
2many2choose

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:35 am

D-Rod wrote:
r/tguy02 wrote:

Agreed! Was it a full fiberglass bodied car? That sucker must've been a FUN ride!
Back to top Go down
r/tguy02
r/tguy02

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:27 am

D-Rod wrote:
r/tguy02 wrote:

yes and no, all the video i have is on my HI-8 tapes. my brother however has some stuff on his computer, but i dont have access to it. i've got a few pics of the car/engine though i'll upload.

as for the body, from the firewall back its all the original metal bodywork, its got a full tube chassis, the front is all fiberglass except the grill which is original. doors still work also. if memory serves me correctly it weighs 2400lbs
Back to top Go down
http://neontuners.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '67 Barracuda dragcar   '67 Barracuda dragcar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'67 Barracuda dragcar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cars, Trucks, Vans, & SUVs :: Member Build Threads-
Jump to: