[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would love to have a room to shoot cars in like that.. its freaking awesome.

Lightning in a World of Thunder

In a world where thundering Supercars routinely crest 3500 lbs, the track-tested and tuned 2350 lb. GTM is a refreshing return to sportscar fundamentals. Factory Five lightning strikes with a hp/wt ratio similar to that of a Daytona Prototype. With a stock LS7 powerplant, the car maintains a 4.8 lbs per hp ratio. Connected to the pavement via huge 335 series rear tires, it enjoys acceleration numbers better than almost any production vehicle on the road today.

The GTM is faster 0-60 mph than a Ferrari Enzo, a Porsche GT, a Saleen Twin Turbo S7, a Ford GT, and a Lamborghini Mucielago*! The GTM even beats out a Champ car to 60 mph! **

0-60 in 3.0 seconds!

0-100 in 6.6 seconds!

¼ mile in 11.0 seconds @ 132 mph!

But a Supercar isn’t just defined by acceleration. The GTM’s ultra-stout, ultra light space frame chassis and deep breathing LS Series V-8 power combine with modern suspension and brake components to deliver Supercar performance in braking and roadholding as well.

The GTM stops and turns just as fiercely or moreso than the rest of the Supercar gang. With stock Corvette brakes, the GTM slows to a stop from 70 mph in only 166 feet, outbraking the mighty $157,000 Ford GT. That was STOCK Corvette brakes, not $30,000 carbon/ceramic.

Want roadholding? The GTM turns faster than it falls thru the air. Car and Driver measured a phenomenal 1.05 lateral G on street DOT tires. To put that in context, the Ferrari Enzo is the only car that matches it!

The car is light and aerodynamic, with excellent weight distribution and precise race-car handling/braking derived from the Chevrolet Corvette C-5. The car uses potent GM LS series engine power and Corvette suspension/brakes with Koni brand coil-over shocks and a Porsche 911 transaxle to get the job done.

* Acceleration data by Car & Driver Magazine

** September 2005 Road and Track
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club

PostSubject: Re: Factory Five's New Gen 2 GTM SuperCar   Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Quote :
The GTM stops and turns just as fiercely or moreso than the rest of the Supercar gang. With stock Corvette brakes, the GTM slows to a stop from 70 mph in only 166 feet, outbraking the mighty $157,000 Ford GT. That was STOCK Corvette brakes, not $30,000 carbon/ceramic.

I gotta see what the mighty solstice will do with its Giant brakes. How can we measure this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club

PostSubject: Re: Factory Five's New Gen 2 GTM SuperCar   Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

my goal is to get a GTM kit from Factory Five and take it with me when i go to work in Germany
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Five's New Gen 2 GTM SuperCar   

Back to top Go down

Factory Five's New Gen 2 GTM SuperCar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1