Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hood liner

Go down 
+3
wvtrap
Blacked Out
morganelyse802
7 posters
AuthorMessage
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 pm

soo..... I thought it was a great idea to tear out that nesty stock looking hoodliner..

and its rly ugly under there now....

does anyone kno where to get one of those stainless hoodliners?

More like does anyone in FCP make them or hav a buddy that does? I can easily google but I'm tryn 2 get local ppl business and stuff. :angel3: ain't i nice? lol

but yea. and i know i have like nothing under my hood and thats kinda more of a show car kinda thing but its a work in progress lol my intake came in today! woop woop! so theres one fancy thing i will have under there now lol
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:23 pm

U need to go to a fabrication shop. They can make it for you. They cut it out to fit, and then polish it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:56 pm

ooohhhhh so maybe like Stichwerx?! 😀
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:03 pm

If your wanting cloth. Stickwerx doesn't do metal hence the name stitching. It would be weldwerx if that were the case. But stitchwerx can do it from a cloth material/vinyl material 😁
Back to top Go down
wvtrap
ADMIN/MODERATOR
wvtrap

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:05 pm

MorganElyse802 wrote:
ooohhhhh so maybe like Stichwerx?! 😀

from what i understand Stichwerx does more upholstery type stuff. but Frontline Fabrication should be able to do this. they have a cnc cutter from what i understand. I may be wrong however.
Back to top Go down
91foxbody
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
91foxbody

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:06 pm

wvtrap wrote:
MorganElyse802 wrote:
ooohhhhh so maybe like Stichwerx?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

from what i understand Stichwerx does more upholstery type stuff. but Frontline Fabrication should be able to do this. they have a cnc cutter from what i understand. I may be wrong however.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] frontline fab is the place to go. they should be able to take care of you
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:41 pm

ok I'll check frontline. for the stainless look. I just think its fancy. plus what if theres a hottie at the car shows I can use my hood liner as a giant mirror! :llooll:
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 pm

oh i better say it b4 anyone else does

:gay: :tard: "derp.. well what if u break the hoodliner with ur face? guhhuh!"

:roll4: :llooll:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Andrew should be able to hook you up. I dont know if he polishs metal or not, but its not to hard. I would have him cut out a really cool design in the center, maybe the scion logo? Have him make it from aluminum to keep your hood light and then polish it with a car buffer.
Back to top Go down
StitchWerx
500 Post Club
500 Post Club
StitchWerx

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 pm

you can always get a fiberglass mold made of it and have it painted with some kind of design like the scion logo that scott mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stitchwerx.com
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:40 am

:aggreed: :aggreed: that would indeed look sick! 😀 I'm eventually wanting a carbon fiber hood so should I just save the money up or should I get the hood liner now I mean if i got the carbon fiber hood could I put the hoodliner up atleast for shows? or would that be stupid cuz the whole point for the c.f hood is to be lighter then people would b like what the crap? I bet a girl owns this.... lol
Back to top Go down
wv_wagon

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:05 am

If your ultimate plan is a carbon fiber hood, I wouldn't spend the extra $$ on a temporary fix. The money you spend on having a hood liner made could be saved to be put either towards the c/f hood or other parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamhardyboys.com
PaintSlinger
PaintSlinger

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

wv_wagon wrote:
If your ultimate plan is a carbon fiber hood, I wouldn't spend the extra $$ on a temporary fix. The money you spend on having a hood liner made could be saved to be put either towards the c/f hood or other parts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hood liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: hood liner   hood liner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hood liner
Page 1 of 1