Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiring LED strips to lights..

Go down 
+5
jolly roger
MotownG5
Blacked Out
xxchevroletxx
morganelyse802
9 posters
AuthorMessage
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

Wiring LED strips to lights.. Empty
PostSubject: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Is anyone good at wiring? I have LED strips and I want to wire the LED strips to my park lights/running lights.. but I'd like to have it done for the show Saturday..... I can pay to get it done but wheres the fun in that? 😀
Back to top Go down
xxchevroletxx
xxchevroletxx

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm

i would just wire them to a toggle switch otherwise ull prob get quite a few tickets
Back to top Go down
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 pm

rly? I didnt know that was illegal. dang! cant smoke head lights.. cant have fancy bliker colors.. cant hav LEDs.. What has the world come to?! :eeeeeeeeK: :banghead:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:40 pm

He is right Morgan, anything different needs to be only turned on at shows by toggle switch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 pm

def toggle switch all the way and technically you aren't even allowed to have smoked taillights either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I know acouple people that have smoked lights..
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 am

jolly roger wrote:

Yep and it sure makes it hard to get an inspection sticker. lol
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 am

long as they are amber you can use them i have lights on each side of my truck and foundout long as they are amber and they are used as blinkers you have nothing to worry about
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am

D-Rod wrote:
jolly roger wrote:

your going to the wrong place then. I've never had a single issue with my tail lights.
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

D-Rod wrote:
jolly roger wrote:

I don't have a problem with that..
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Meanwhile In Belgium.....

Back to top Go down
WrightHeight
ADMIN/MODERATOR
WrightHeight

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 pm

my old camaro had the taillight covers, and they were 3m taped on and never came off... no problems for me... but i can see if they weren't allowed... nothing is...
Back to top Go down
http://friendlycarpeople.com
morganelyse802
morganelyse802

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm

BigWheel wrote:
Meanwhile In Belgium.....

:llooll: :llooll: :llooll: :llooll: :llooll: :llooll: :llooll: :llooll: :lol3: :hammer1: :llllol: :roflao:

I AM LAUGHING SOO HARD!! HAHAHAAH HOW RANDOM LOL so can anyone help me get them on a switch? I have them in my headlight now I do not have them wired yet though.. I'm free tmr, Friday and I'll wake up real early saturday if i need 2 wait till thn... I just cant ever wire to a ground correctly.. I let the wires touch accidently bow a fuse or I mix up positive and negative lol I'm noob...

:noobabove:
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:46 am

U wont be able to use them at the show. It will be to day light. I will show you what to do at the show. You can do them this weekend after I.. or Roger.. shows you what to do. He is really good with that stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion-Jim
Orion-Jim

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]i use these everyday and night they come on with my headlights they are legel long as they are white or amber if you cant get anyone to install them for you let me know we will setup a time i can do it for you...
Back to top Go down
http://www.absoluteillusions.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring LED strips to lights..   Wiring LED strips to lights.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring LED strips to lights..
Page 1 of 1