Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Porsche Audio Upgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

Porsche Audio Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Being a bit of an audiophile, I decided that I wanted to update the speakers in the Porsche. I will be replacing the factory Nokia speakers with a set of Boston Acoustic 6.5 3 Pro Series Speakers. It wasn't too hard getting the speakers out of the car, but the the factory speakers were "built" into the grill.

The dash speakers consisted of a 4 inch midrange and a 1 inch tweeter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am replacing them with same size speakers, just ones that have a bit more bang to them. I had to fabricate my own brackets to mount the speakers to the factory grills.

Here is a side by side of the factory set up and the grill with the Boston's added to it.

For now I am going to continue to use the factory head unit and amplifier, but they will be replaced soon as well. I will add some pics later of the crossover install.
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:09 am

I wiill have to get you to help me with the Solstice sound system. Sounds like you know your stuff. I know very little about this stuff except at volume 10 on my dvd player, sounds like my speakers are gonna blow. Volume goes up to 60.. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Would love to help you out!
Back to top Go down
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

PostSubject: Crossover Installation   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Well, seeings how it was raining today I decided to go ahead and make a bracket for my crossovers and mount them out in the front trunk. I'm still using the factory amp, for now, so it took a little extra wiring.

Here is where I will be mounting the crossovers:

Here is the factory amp wires that I had to cut to re-route through the crossovers:

I cut the mounting plates out of Plexiglas and painted the back side black, to match the car. Then measured and drilled out all of the holes for all of the wiring. Here is where they will be mounted:

Here is a pic with all the pieces put back together and the spare tire back in place:

I decided to add some L.E.D. lighting to activate when the hood is opened, this is what the final product looks like:

and a shot with the flash of the camera
Back to top Go down
Blacked Out
5000 Post Club
5000 Post Club
Blacked Out

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Looks awesome man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendlycarpeople.com
SolSister
ScottHofferPhotography's Wife
SolSister

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Robert, you guys should come to our dinner tomorrow night @ Penny's Diner.
Back to top Go down
bobdogwv
bobdogwv

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:09 pm

I saw the post about it, 6:30 right? Are you guys taking your car? I am gonna try to make it there. Thanks for the invite!!
Back to top Go down
SolSister
ScottHofferPhotography's Wife
SolSister

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Yep, tomorrow at 6:30. We are hoping to bring our car. Scott has it torn apart right now waiting for some lights to come in tomorrow. I think the other guys will be bringing their cars too.
Back to top Go down
MotownG5
FCP Owner and President of 304KustomZ Car Club
MotownG5

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

sweet would love to see you there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3916575/2009-pontiac-g5-coupe-2d
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Porsche Audio Upgrade   Porsche Audio Upgrade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Porsche Audio Upgrade
Page 1 of 1