Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FCP HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRP this Saturday 4/16

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PRP this Saturday 4/16 Empty
PostSubject: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 am

Me and a buddy with a 9 second Z06 are going to PRP on Saturday. I know Scott is doing a photoshoot so anyone not going to the shoot that wants to go race let me know. Or we can do the photoshoot at the track. lol

This is opening day so there will be a ton of cars there. I am guessing I will only get 4 passes max. I'm still dont have drag radials so hopefully I dont run fast enough to get booted.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 am

what do you need to have to be able to race a bike at this track? 1/4 o 1/8?
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am

Gixxer wrote:

I believe just a helmet and jacket. I have seen people race in jeans there. Let me check the site.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 am

OH yea.... 1/4 mile.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 am

D-Rod wrote:
Gixxer wrote:

I believe just a helmet and jacket. I have seen people race in jeans there. Let me check the site.

thanks man! I dont have "riding pants" yet but have everything else. i want to see what i can do on the bike this year. I've never dragged race before but i think the bike can run in the 9s/10s with a good launch.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:17 am

Gixxer wrote:
D-Rod wrote:
Gixxer wrote:

thanks man! I dont have "riding pants" yet but have everything else. i want to see what i can do on the bike this year. I've never dragged race before but i think the bike can run in the 9s/10s with a good launch.

Bring it up man. Its alot of fun. You have to wait a long time in between runs but its not bad becasue you can go watch the other racers and check out all the cars. There are some really fast bikes that go but most 600's that I have seen run in the low 12's or high 11's at PRP. Its an art to launch a sportbike to its potential.
Back to top Go down
Gixxer
ADMIN/MODERATOR
Gixxer

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 am

i want to sometime but it wont be this weekend. launching is the hardest part. I've practiced a couple times but not with this new gearing. the front wheel is just going to want to lift but i'll probably strap down my forks at the track.
Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm

PRP is under new mangement and they said there were getting rid of the old system and going with new which will add more runs. Duno if it'll work or not but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 pm

jolly roger wrote:
PRP is under new mangement and they said there were getting rid of the old system and going with new which will add more runs. Duno if it'll work or not but we'll see.

Are you coming up Jolly Rancher?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm

According to IHRA, any bike over 120 mph in the 1/4 must have full leathers. Most Literbikes will hit 120 easily assuming decent launch/pass.

SOME smaller bikes will hit 120.

A couple years ago PRP quit enforcing the deadman switch rule. I don't know if that'll stand under new management or not.

Shoes that cover the ankle, leather/textile jacket (I wouldn't waste money on textile anyway), leather gloves and Snell 2000 helmet. Other than that you should be GTG
Back to top Go down
D-Rod
ADMIN/MODERATOR
D-Rod

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Sweet, thanks for the info man. I went to PRP's site earlier today and some of the pages wouldnt load for me.

Back to top Go down
jolly roger
jolly roger

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:36 pm

D-Rod wrote:
jolly roger wrote:

Are you coming up Jolly Rancher?

I see you have jokes.. I'm going to kill cones in belle wv sunday..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRP this Saturday 4/16   PRP this Saturday 4/16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PRP this Saturday 4/16
Page 1 of 1